A SOUTH VIEW ON THE RIVER LIFFEY, DUBLIN. : Taken from the COAL QUAY or Fruit Market. / T.S. Roberts delt ; J. Bluck sculpt.
Bluck, John (Printmaker), printmaker.
Publication details
[London] : [R. Ackerman], [ February 1st, 1807]
Physical details
1 print : aquatint and etching with hand-colouring ; sheet 63.3 x 87.8 cm
Engraved 'On the right is that grand edifice called the Four Courts, designed and began by Cooley, and completed by Gauden; the dome of which bearing a great resemblance to that of the Pantheon at Rome. In the front the ruins of Coal Quay Bridge, as they appeared after the flood, in December, 1802, in the middle ground, Bloody Bridge, and beyond that Queen's Bridge; a distant view of Saluting Battery, and Phoenix Park terminating the whole' along lower edge beneath title. View of Dublin and the River Liffey.
Dublin (Ireland)
Additional information
Cut to within the publication line. Publication information taken from a print from the same plate in the National Library of Ireland.
Other persons
Ackermann, Rudolph, 1764-1834, publisher.
Maps K.Top.53.20.b.